I do not want to be "perfect"










I remember... as a child, whenever I closed my eyes to ask God for a wish,

I always wished to become someone with incredible knowledge and someone who brings my parents' bliss!


Time and time again, I tried my best to not disappoint,

I focused on studies, with limited friends, remained "unspoiled".


It is difficult to leave your nest and live in a place where you don't belong,

But the desire to be the best version of myself, and achieve great things, drove me all along,


I worked hard, and gave all that I could, just to be "perfect", 

A "perfect" student, A "perfect" employee, A "perfect" child, someone all would accept!


Then there was a time when I lost myself, I gave up, and I needed some support,

I decided - It was time to think for myself, and I knew for some I will "fall short".


They might judge, they might measure me with their unrealistic standard,

Some might not care that I live or I die, but I definitely might be slandered.


How could someone who loves me is not contented with my happiness,

How could my life, my existence, be put below their "exaggerated" haughtiness?


No, I do not want to be "perfect" - I only want to be a happy human instead,

I do not want to have any regrets in my life when I am on my deathbed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paa..

'Empty Spaces'

After all.. its MBA!!